Type of Job
About the job
• Provides leadership to plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resource needs on an agency-wide basis. Is responsible for assuring compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, rules, regulations, codes, standards and agency policies. Conducts interviews or assists in the interview process and makes selection recommendations to the CEO. Assigns personnel and advises on retention, promotion, professional development, salary adjustments and severance of personnel. Responds to/handles all claims related to Unemployment Compensation. Guides the process to evaluate performance of staff, helping to establish best practices in service delivery and objectives to promote professional growth. Responsible for reviewing and approving any FMLA requests. Works with supervisors and staff to update Position Descriptions. Identifies infractions and recommends performance management and corrective action of assigned personnel. Serves as RTI’s Corporate Compliance Officer and acts on behalf of the CEO as designated.
• Serves as the liaison with RTI’s Benefits Coordinator Agency to help develop plans, assess coverage and coordinate initial and open enrollments for benefit plans offered.
• Facilitates the process regarding Worker’s Compensation Claims, the investigation of such and serves as the liaison with RTI’s identified Administrator. Keeps CEO informed of status of all pending and ongoing claims.
• Manages the agency’s various accreditation and certification processes, including the compliance with rules and standards related to DODD provider rules and CARF accreditation. Remains up-to-date on standards and rules and manages the application and recertification processes. Conducts compliance reviews on the agency to ensure that standards are being met and provides direction to the Executive Team on the implementation or correction of procedures to maintain compliance. Develops and updates policies as needed.
• Manages the agency’s training and staff development program to provide employees with training opportunities to encourage and foster professional development. Responsible for new hire orientation and the development and updating of a RTI Employee Handbook. Coordinates staff training and development activities, including training identification, planning, organizing and tracking. Assures training and orientation is completed for volunteers involved in activities sponsored by the organization. Acts as chair of the in-service committee.
• Evaluates training needs and opportunities in concert with the Executive Team. Ensures that sufficient training is available to meet all regulatory and licensure requirements. Informs staff of training opportunities and mandates. Schedules training and trainers as well as venues.
• Maintains extensive tracking on all essential and non-essential training, either by topic or by employee name. Ensures all verification records are completed and retained in an organized manner and are tracked for renewal requirements, dates completed, etc. Has a major responsibility to ensure all mandatory training is conducted on schedule and with appropriate attendance by those requiring the training.
• Works with the Executive Team to promote internal well-being and the development of employees by creating and coordinating committees and events. Develops/Facilitates surveys and utilizes other methods to assess employee satisfactions and opinions. Serves on the RTI Executive Team, Safety Committee and as an advisor to the Staff Council.
• Acts as the agency records retention expert and advises other management staff on retention requirements. Serves as the custodian of records developed and maintained by the Human Resources Department. Assures that personnel files and records are maintained in compliance with rules, regulations and policies regarding content, review and confidentiality.
• Develops and reviews record systems and tracks departmental progress.
• Acts as an Administrator for social media accounts, including Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Keeps the CEO informed of issues and of programmatic opportunities. Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Sociology or related field.
· Two (2) years’ experience in administration of human resources/personnel related duties.
· Experience with compliance or conducting compliance reviews.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team.
· Ability to effectively communication with a wide variety of people including employees, management, applicants, people who are potentially interested in positions, Board members and members of the community.
· Satisfactory Abuser Registry, Web-database and criminal background checks as defined in OAC 5123-2-02.
· Maintain the ability to pass a drug screen.
· Possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license with less than six (6) points on record at any time.
· PHR or SHRM-CP Certification.
· Five (5) years’ experience in human resources.
· Four (4) years of non-profit personnel or administrative experience.
Commensurate with experience, education and knowledge. Medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, 401(k) with a company match, PTO & paid holidays.
110 Foss Way, Troy, OH 45373, USA