Type of Job
About the job
• Provides direct support, training, and extended services to secure, maintain and enhance employment in the community. Promotes, educates, and guides individuals served toward pursuing the career of their choice. Assists individuals served with job exploration and development. Advocates and promotes economic independence for individuals served.
• Builds and maintains positive working relationships with businesses. Learns employment requirements and needs of local businesses through one-on-one meetings and tours. Creatively meets those needs through job placements, matching employer needs to the skills and contributions of individuals served. Guides employers and individuals served toward feasible community employment matches.
• Provides vocational expertise, for individuals served and employers, throughout job search and hire, job coaching and follow along. Determines, with individuals served, the most appropriate means of providing job support, training, and communication throughout the process. Develops a plan for job site training and natural supports. Implements long term supports and extended services needed for steadfast employment. Develops vocational profiles for individual served. Provides job coaching services to private vendors per RTI contract, ensuring that individuals served receive high-quality services.
• Completes paperwork necessary to receive reimbursement and to document the individual’s strengths, progress and needs. Shares documentation with team members to ensure that all participants are informed of the individual’s community employment process and progress. Paperwork may include but not be limited to: progress notes, Adult Services documentation, OOD service documentation, incident reports, individual served and employment contact reports and wage reports.
• Serves as a member of the individual’s planning team. Assists and coordinates appointments with employers, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor as needed or requested. Attends above-mentioned appointments, if the individual served so desires, to provide advocacy and understanding for all parties involved. Monitors/tracks employment-related skills/status to ensure optimal work performance for individuals served. Makes employers aware of incentives available and helps when necessary.
• Keeps the Employment Coordinator and/or Employment Services Director informed of issues and opportunities. Independently manages own schedule to include meetings and job site check-ins, which may occur during evenings and weekends. Provides transportation to meeting sites and arranges transportation alternatives to the work site. Performs personal care and assistance to persons served. May be required to lift, carry, and move individuals served in a safe manner. Participates in professional growth experiences, presents self as an appropriate role model, attends staff meetings and in-services as assigned and maintains a positive rapport with individuals served, co-workers, caregivers, and other support providers and with businesses in the community.
• Supports the successful operation of contract jobs in the community. Provides guidance and training to site supervisors. Schedules replacement client workers.
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must possess and maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
· Must be physically able to lift, carry, and move persons served or items in the work environment in a safe manner.
· Must satisfactorily pass a post-offer medical physical demands analysis and consistently maintain ability to pass such testing.
· Satisfactory Abuser Registry, Web-database and criminal background checks as defined in OAC 5123-2-02.
· Maintain the ability to pass a drug screen.
· Possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license with less than six (6) points on record at any time.
· Must obtain and maintain Employment First Certification through the Ohio Department of DD and the Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP).
$12.50-$17.50 per hour depending on experience. RT Industries offers competitive pay and benefits.
Full-time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, a 401(k) with a company match, paid time off/vacation, and paid holidays!
110 Foss Way, Troy, Ohio 45373